Meaningful Holiday Marketing Ideas For Real Estate Agents
As a real estate agent, the holidays provide quite a few unique marketing opportunities. Unlike retail businesses, this probably isn’t going to an incredibly busy time for you as far as listings go. So instead of pushing deals, sales and freebies, you’ll want to use this time to build and maintain relationships within the community and with past and current clients. If you aren’t busy with listings, focus on increasing your brand awareness and engagement so that when people decide to sell, you’ll be the one they go to.
Say “thank you.”
If you’re still in business, you have your clients to thank for it. So thank them! It’s important to touch base with all clients – whether it’s through email, direct mail, phone calls or in person – and let them know how much their business and referrals mean to you. We always release a variety of beautiful and uniquely designed postcards and holiday cards which are perfect for communicating with your farm or social list. We can also convert these designs to email headers and social media images.
For clients that have been particularly loyal, or given quite a few referrals, you may want to consider giving them a gift. We’ve found some truly unique client gifts over the years and shared them in a recent holiday giving blog post. You can also find more ideas by visiting our Pinterest page.
You can double your impact by partnering with a local nonprofit. It’s best to contact the nonprofit and ask how you can best support them this holiday season. Common partnership ideas include donating a portion of your profits, collecting donations on their behalf, or sponsoring one of their events. This increases your brand exposure, demonstrates your company values and, most importantly, helps improve the local community and benefits residents.
Engage the community.
There are so many opportunities for engagement during the holidays. Take advantage of the many community events to get to know fellow residents. This isn’t the time for a hard sell, but it never hurts to mention what you do and hand out a business card. Here are some specific engagement ideas:
- Hand out branded treats to trick or treaters
- Sponsor an HOA holiday party
- Hand out a holiday schedule of events while door knocking
- Go Christmas caroling
- If your neighborhood does Christmas lights, set up a hot cocoa station in the driveway
Don’t forget lead generation.
While fostering relationships will be your primary focus this holiday season, successful agents are still going after those listings in very specific ways. Many unique life situations could force a homeowner to put up a For Sale sign instead of Christmas tree, and you should be the one they call. Try some of these lead generation tactics specific to the holidays.
- Send a postcard or email detailing the benefits of selling during the holidays
- Make holiday open houses extra special with holiday cookies, hot cocoa, carols playing in the background, and some subtle holiday decorations.
- Call past clients to wish them happy holidays, update their contact information, and ask if they have any real estate needs.
- Follow up with leads and let them know about any special promotions or partnerships with nonprofits you have at this time.
- When you send Christmas cards to clients, tuck in a few referral cards that they can pass out to friends and family.
Need help creating a detailed marketing plan for the holidays? Call 949-587-5301 for a free consultation with One Step Services.
Tagged design agency orange county, direct mail, holiday marketing, holiday marketing ideas, marketing, marketing agency orange county, marketing real estate holidays, one step services, postcard marketing, real estate agents, real estate marketing