Print Drives Both One- and Off-Line Sales
Print is a powerful media…and its power is multiplied when used as part of a multi-channel campaign. Print enhances the impact of television, telemarketing and the internet by providing an extra dimension that’s warm, inviting and highly personalizable. Use it to reinforce your brand’s message, introduce new products or services and drive traffic to your website.
From printed ads in magazines and newspapers to postcards, direct mail packages, catalogs, door hangers, newsletters, billboards and more, companies everywhere are using print to effectively increase their sales. They understand that:
- Print Gets Read – 80% of households either read or scan advertising mail sent to their household.1
- Print Gets Response – 2.24% direct order response rate for printed catalogs, compared with just 0.48% from emails. In fact, catalogs have the second highest response as a marketing option, after telemarketing.2
- Print Influences Decisions – 76% of customers have been directly influenced to purchase by direct mail.3
- Print Drives New Business – 70% of customers renewed a business relationship because of a direct mail promotion.4
- Print Leads to Repeat Business – 70% of customers renewed a business relationship because of a direct mail promotion.5
- Print Increases Online Search – 67% of online search is driven by offline messages; 39% ultimately make a purchase.6
- Print Increases Online Sales – 76% of internet users surveyed have been directly influenced to purchase an item or service thanks to a direct mail piece.7
With results like these, it’s no wonder so many successful organizations choose print.
1United States Postal Service (2007). Household Diary Study.
2DMA Response Rate Report (2008).
32009 Channel Preference Study.
42008 DMA /Pitney Bowes Direct Mail Survey.
6iProspect Offline Channel Influence on Online Search Behavior Study (2007).
7Exact Target, 2009 Channel Preference Study.