In order to be successful with direct mail marketing, you need to be consistent. If you find yourself low on funds, you may be tempted to skip a mailing. DON’T! This will lead to inconsistency and loss of the momentum you’ve already gained. Instead, consider cutting costs with these tactics.
- Convert color postcards to black and white. You can convert one side or both. Many people choose to just convert the back to black and white, since most of the card is taken up by text and address anyways. At One Step, this one change will save you about 8 cents a card. You can also convert both sides to black and white to save even more. Just be aware that some of the design may be compromised once the color is taken out. If possible, tell your designer ahead of time that you want the postcard to be able to print well in black and white so that they can design accordingly.
- Check for quantity discounts. At One Step Services, we offer discounts for 500+, 1000+, 1500+, 2000+. In some cases, ordering more will actually save you money. For example, if you are ordering 475 full color 8.5×5.5 postcards, you’ll actually save about $10 if you bump your order up to 500.
- Clean your mailing lists. It’s a waste of money to send a mailer to bad addresses. A bad address is any address that doesn’t fit into your target market. For example, if you are a real estate agent looking for listings, you won’t want to send the postcard to renters. You also don’t want to send to people who have asked to be taken off your list, or to addresses that are undeliverable. Regularly clean your list to make sure you aren’t wasting money.
- Order smaller postcards. At One Step Services, we have a lot of different postcard sizes. If you need to trim your budget, consider going with a smaller postcard, especially for mailers who’s main job is to simply build brand awareness and trust. For example, perhaps you go with an 8.5×5.5 postcard for your mailings about community events and testimonials, but go back to your 10.5×5.5 for your Just Listed card so that you draw extra attention to it.
Don’t let a tight budget keep you from doing your marketing. The more you put your name out there, the more business you’ll get. Call our friendly customer service reps at 949-587-5301 or email email@example.com to discuss specific ways to cut costs on your next mailing.
- You have changed the products and services you offer. An IT company went from focusing on niche services to offering a full range of IT services. We updated their brand to communicate that change.
- You are targeting a different audience. When a real estate agent moved her business, her target audience changed. We updated her brand to appeal to the new audience, but kept enough of the original elements so as not to alienate her loyal long time clients.
- Your brand is simply too old. Neon colors were all the rage in the 80s, but now those colors come across as obnoxious and juvenile. If your brand has outdated elements, its time to give it a modern look that will appeal to a modern audience.
Need a new look?
At One Step Services, we specialize in visual branding. Come in today and let us give your brand a facelift so that it better communicates what your business is really all about. To set up an appointment, call 949-587-5301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanksgiving is the perfect season to show your clients how much you appreciate them. We’ve made this simple by creating Thanksgiving postcards you can order and send to your farm and/or sphere of influence. For the extra special clients in your life, pair the postcard with a thoughtful gift. Here are some ideas to get you started
- Gift certificate for a free pie
- As us to leave the back of your postcards blank so you can write a unique message for each recipient
- Giant fortune cookie. We sent these to some of our clients a few years ago and they were a huge hit.
- Bottle of wine in a customized wine box
- Branded household items. Inkhead has several different items, such as blankets, vases, photo frames, and decorative items that you can brand with your logo and messaging. They have excellent customer service and competitive pricing.
- Magazine subscription
- Gift certificate for one free house cleaning to get their home ready for the holidays
- Customized puzzle or playing cards
- Mason jar cookies
The holidays tend to be a slow time in real estate. However, with the correct marketing, it could be your most profitable time of year. Send out this postcard with reasons to sell a home during the holidays and get ready for some festive listing presentations.