The struggle is real. You want to continue your direct mail marketing efforts because you know they are effective in generating leads and reaching people you aren’t able to reach digitally. BUT, the cost of everything, from postage to paper, keeps going up. How do you continue direct mail marketing as it becomes more expensive?
First and foremost, make sure you are constantly tracking its effectiveness for your businesses. As long as direct mail is making you money, its worth the cost. If you find that it continues to bring in business but your bottom line is shrinking, then it try some of our cost saving tips below. Implementing these strategies will allow you to continue building your business through direct mail marketing
- Make your mailing piece smaller. The cheapest category of mail is letter size, which includes our popular 8.5×5.5 postcard and 10.5×5.5. Larger pieces, called flats, are much more expensive to mail. A letter size piece will save you on print and postage.
- Make one side black and white. Or make both sides black and white. This will save money on printing.
- Mail more. This may seem counter intuitive, how do you save money by mailing more? One Step provides quantity discounts at 750, 1000, 2000 and 2500. If your list is just below one of those thresholds, you may actually save money by adding a few more addresses so you qualify for the discount.
- Mail through EDDM. EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail) is a cost effective USPS program that is gaining in popularity. You, the mailer, picks carrier routes in the area you want to target. Your piece then gets delivered to every home on the carrier route. You can read more about the pros and cons of the EDDM program here.
- Handle smaller mailings yourself. At One Step, we charge fees for hand stamping as well as for mailing quantities below 100. If you want to mail less than 100 postcards, we recommend printing with us, but applying the stamps and delivering to the post office yourself. We will even address the postcards for you, making it super simple to stamp and go!
Which of these specific strategies will work for your business? Give us a call and schedule a free consultation 949-587-5301 or email email@example.com